Regarding your back pain, we would like to suggest to find a comfortable sleeping position for you. Are you sleeping flat on your back, on your side?
If you have pain after you sleep flat on your back, you can modify this by placing 1-2 pillows under your knees to relieve the stress on your spine.
You may also try to sleep on your side, with pillow in between your knees and your arms.
Also, choosing a firm mattress can help you in alleviating your pain.
For the exercises, it is important that you strengthen your core muscles to help stabilize your spine. Here are some you can do:
- Drawing-in maneuver
- Can be done lying down with knees bent
- Pull the navel toward the floor and hold for a 7-10 seconds and repeat for 10 times
- This works up your core muscles
- Can be done lying down with knees 90 degrees bent
- Lift the head and shoulder off the ground
- Make sure the spine does not arch or extend
- Pelvic tilts
- Can be done seated, standing or lying down with knees bent
- If lying down, try to flatten your back on the ground
- If seated or standing, try to flatten your back on the back support of the chair or wall
- Hold for 7-10 seconds and repeat for 10 times
- This strengthens your abdominal muscles
If you find any of these exercises difficult or aggravating, please stop.
Also, if you have purchased an EFI product, you can access the EFI Secret Group where we can help you more. You can contact support@ExercisesForInjuries.com on how to access the group.