Question: UYTA - It definitely loosens my mobility, I get a sharp pain that feels like something could tear on the outer part of my ankle by the bone. Should I continue to stretch it? I keep icing it cause it really hurts.
I would recommend you do what you can without having excess pain. As you get in better shape start doing the more difficult exercises.
As you are still starting the exercises, start working on simpler exercises first. As your ankle pain begin to improve, start incorporating the others.
For now, since you are experiencing sharp pain on your ankle that might be due to vigorous exercise and there might be a swelling. You can do the following to alleviate the pain:
- Take a break from the activity that caused the injury.
- Use cold packs for 20 minutes at a time, several times a day. Do not apply ice directly to the skin.
- To prevent additional swelling and blood loss, wear an elastic compression bandage.
- To reduce swelling, recline when you rest, and put your leg up higher than your heart.
- If the condition still persists, we suggest that you should consult your doctor regarding this matter to provide you specific help to your problem.
I hope this information has helped you!