There are many possible causes of mid back pain and spasm such as overuse, muscle strain, or injury to the muscles, ligaments, and discs that support your spine. Usually, rest will relieve the pain but it is best to consult a doctor in order to know what is actually causing the pain and spasm. Sometimes, the symptoms may be manifestation of an underlying condition such as nerve impingement, and that is what you need to find out.
Articles in this section
- Any suggestions for severe quadratus lumborum pain?
- Back Pain due to Too Much Sitting
- Back Pain due to Too Much Sitting in front of a computer - What to do?
- Femoral nerve pain and Sciatica. What do you recommend for someone who had C5, C6 & C7 Anterior Cervical Fusion?
- How can I correct my posture and reduce my back pain?
- I am 88 suffering from lower back pain with an old pacemaker implant. What can you recommend?
- I am obese with back & knee pain. What can you suggest?
- I have low back pain and I wear a back brace. What would be the best exercises for me?
- Pain in my lower back that radiates to my pelvic area, MRI is normal. Have you got any ideas?
- Sciatica - "I have 14 month sciatica and I had a lot of pain in my lower back. What will I do?"