We recommend stretching exercises to relieve your shoulder pain. However, be mindful not to overdo the stretching. You should not perform exercises that increase your pain. As with all arthritis, researchers have confirmed that exercise is the best way of controlling arthritic pain, strengthening your muscles or keeping and improving your joint and muscle flexibility. Ultimately, exercises will improve both your pain and ability to move about everyday. Exercises for shoulder arthritis should be commenced gently and carefully. Here is a great video we did that goes through some exercises that you can help you. https://www.facebook.com/healingthroughmovement1/videos/2064131513799172/
Articles in this section
- Any suggestions on what to do during the long hour drive that may help for my stiff neck and shoulders?
- Fell and the force was on my left shoulder, certain movements are excruciating. Any advice?
- Is stretching recommended to lessen day to day pain of severe arthritis?
- Pain in the upper back, 1st-2nd ribs are out. Would this be for me?
- What adjustments on your program do I need to make to the severe injury on my right shoulder?
- What exercises should I avoid until my shoulders are better?