You can do these activities to help reduce the amount of swelling and improve circulation to aid with pain and irritation. Do it at least 3 times a day:
• Lie on your back and elevate your leg using pillows when icing and doing ankle pumps.
• Rest and elevate: Lie down with your leg at or above the level of your heart for at least 20 minutes. You may place two to three pillows lengthwise beneath your leg if you have an increase in swelling. Call your doctor if you are concerned about the amount of swelling you have or if your swelling does not improve.
• Ice: While you are resting and elevating, place cold packs around your knee for 15 to 20 minutes at a time. Place a clean, dry towel or pillowcase between your skin and the cold pack.
• Muscle pumping exercises: Do the following exercises 10 times each while you are lying down resting.
• Ankle pumps and circles: Pump your feet up and down by pulling your feet up toward you, then pushing your feet down away from you. In addition, rotate your feet clockwise and counterclockwise. Ankle pumps should also be done 10 times every hour while you are awake.
You can also check out this link https://exercisesforinjuries.com/17-ways-protect-body-mind-deadly-chronic-inflammation/ on 17 ways to protect body and mind from Deadly Chronic Inflammation.