If you have tried all other osteoarthritis treatment options and still have knee pain, your doctor may suggest knee replacement. It can help reduce your pain and improve your ability to move.
It may be time to have knee replacement surgery if you have:
- Severe knee pain that limits your everyday activities
- Moderate or severe knee pain while resting, day or night
- Long-lasting knee inflammation and swelling that doesn’t get better with rest or medications
- A bowing in or out of your leg
- Knee stiffness
- No pain relief from NSAIDs or can't tolerate them
Please sign in to leave a comment.